I consider it a great privilege to be a counsellor and to have the opportunity to walk alongside clients on their journeys. I believe every person has the internal resources needed to cope successfully, to grow, and to heal. In our work together, you can expect a warm and empathetic presence that is non-judgemental and compassionate. I believe in the importance of integrating the body, mind and spirit in the counselling process and incorporate mindfulness as well as body-based practices in my work. As human beings, I believe that we are all wired for connection and long to be seen, heard, and known. My hope is that through your work with me, you can experience internal transformative change that enables you to love yourself and embrace your story.
I am a Registered Clinical Counsellor (RCC) with the BC Association of Clinical Counsellors and have a Master of Arts degree in Marriage and Family Therapy from Trinity Western University. I work from a trauma-informed perspective that acknowledges the presence of trauma in the individual or family’s context and emphasizes the importance of safety, predictability and choice in the therapy process. My therapeutic approach draws mainly from systematic and attachment-based theories, such as Accelerated Experiential Dynamic Psychotherapy (AEDP), Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT), Emotionally Focused Family Therapy, and Satir Transformational Systemic Therapy that are emotion-focused, experiential, positively directional and change-oriented.
I have experience in and a passion for working with individuals, kids, and families with a wide range of issues such as grief and loss, birth trauma, postpartum symptoms, relationship issues, life transitions, emotional distress (e.g. anxiety, depression, shame, anger, stress, emotional/mental exhaustion), and traumatic experiences.
In addition to my graduate-level work, I have attended specialized workshops or training in the following areas:
- Making Sense of Kids, Level I – Neufeld Institute
- Tamara Strijack, Langley, BC
- Somato Respiratory Integration Training
- Anastacia Metcalf Lundholm, Abbotsford, BC
- Trauma Informed Yoga Training for Yoga and Healthcare Providers
- Nicole Marcia, Abbotsford, BC
- Satir Model in the Sandtray Workshop
- Madeleine De Little, Abbotsford, BC
- Satir Transformational Systemic Therapy, Level 1 – Satir Institute of the Pacific
- Linda Lucas, Langley, BC
- Emotionally Focused Family Therapy – Mental Health Foundations
- Natasha Files, Langley, BC’
- Accelerated Experiential Dynamic Psychotherapy, Immersion Course – AEDP Institute
- Jerry Lamagna, Online
I would be happy to connect with you to see if we would be a good fit. If you have any questions or would like to contact me for an appointment, please feel free to reach out by emailing me at email@example.com.
Locations: Abbotsford, Online
Availability: Tuesdays 10-5pm, Thursdays 10-5pm